Saturday, July 25, 2009

Weeding, weeding... and weeding

That pretty much sums up my day. It was very wet outside (but it didn't rain while I was in the field). The weeding tools were not working well because it was sooo wet (the clay just clumped at the end of the tools and the hoes just stripped the weeds instead of cutting them off at soil level). So, I used my hands. They were stained slightly green by the end of the day, but the parsley rows look much better (the lambsquarters (a "weed") were past my knees). Hmmmm... rain is forcasted for this coming Tuesday. That would make it the third rainy Tuesday in a row. I have mixed feelings about that.

I think whatever munched up all the red cabbage came back and munched most our replacements (even though they weren't red cabbage). Some critter seems to like to eat at the same spot. At least it doesn't touch the other plants, such as our fabulous looking kale. Also, there's one random head of broccoli amongst some other brassicas (on the west side of the peas). It's about to flower, so some one should pick it and eat it quick!

No comments: