I don't know if others have this problem, but every week when I go out to the farm I make a long (probably unrealistic) list of things to do. I never finish the list. Lately I've been making my list shorter and shorter so I'm not so disappointed. I don't know if it's because we're a cooperative and there's lots of people (tools in different places, not sure what to do or how to do it or if people will like the way you think you can do it etc). Don't get me wrong, I love going out to the farm and there's never a day I wish I didn't go out, but things seem to go a little slower than expected... maybe it's the nature of a farm.
Anyway, Tuesday began with a lot of hope and a not-so-long-but-long-enough list. But after I installed the last six rows of drip tape (yes, allllll the drip tape is in now. I forgot to test it though) things started to get a little crazy on the farm, Don Kinnunen was there with potatoes he wanted to plant and a water tank to fix. These people showed up with bobcats and other heavy equipment to move around wood chips, pea rock and brush. It was kind of a zoo and I decided to just accept that it was not going to be a very "productive" day (productivity measured by how many items I get to cross off my list).
After a long lunch and good conversation (with Kate, Alex and Don), I went back to work. Kate came out and went to work on thinning beets and carrots (another item on the list). I finished side dressing the tomatoes with compost. Yay! And Kate was a thinning machine and finished the beets (our first planting, which look very good, by the way) and had finished a good chunk of the carrots by the time I left (there may be a few rows of Mokum carrots left to thin). It turned out to be a great day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment