The infamous Don Kinnunen has helped us solve the tomato trellis dilemma. He built a hand drill to loosen up the soil enough to jam a trellis pole in and tamp it down. I had time only for a couple but took photos for the next person (Paul possibly...) to see how it's done.
First Measure out the trellis pole to approximately 6.5 ' - 7'. Chop or saw (hatchet is available in garden shed). Drill a hole every 3 plants and place the trellis pole in the loosened and pound in 1-2'. Once you are finished, tamp the soil around the trellis pole with Linda's large, black ash tray. I would post a picture of it, but it takes forever to post these pics!
The peas are replanted and ready for the trellis to be reinforced. The carrots are just starting to peak through the soil. ALL the potatoes are planted but need drip line, and the rest of the basil has been put in the ground.
Everything is ready for the rains to come, I pray they actually do come!
The weeding was a bit overwhelming by the onions. Especially on the south end of the rows. Maybe Paul can run the roto tiller over them?
That's it for now! I will have to take smaller picture next time so they don't take an eternity to upload.
No comments:
Post a Comment