Early Today I started out quietly attempting to finish the tomato trellis. Unfortunately, productivity caught a snag and I ran out of trellis poles. Either asking farm friend, resident, and local troubadour, Jim Hall to cut some more; Farm friend and mentor Don Kinnunen to offer some lumber scraps, or find something around the house to finish the row and a half of tomatoes left. The rest should go fast since all the holes are dug using Don Kinunnen's magnificent hand drill.
After the trellis, I went to weeding. While weeding the wind from the West went wild! Fortunately, the previous day's rain kept the soil intact. Some of the drip tape not yet fully installed got a little messy, but remained tied to posts until it can be connected into mainline and staked in - nothing blew away. The pea and unfinished tomato trellis confidently took a stand against the wind. Most important - all the plants seemed unharmed.
Weeding revealed some openings for additional planting. Two prepared rows and a half- finished row of peppers may just be the spots for the last of the greenhouse transplants, more peppers anyone?
On my way back to the green house to fill out the farm's logbook (Yippee Book), I found some beautiful manure that looked in need of shoveling . . . maybe I should have left it for Laddie and another "farm freeze" dance move.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment