Later on in the day, I helped Linda do some trimmng around the fence - a simple but important task, because Linda emphasized that the willows growing along the fence "can make our quackgrass look like Mother Teresa!"(Mother Teresa = a Roman Catholic nun who is famed for ministering to the poor, sick, orphaned, and dying and founding the Missionaries of Charity in Calcutta, India.) With that said, I grabbed the loppers (loppers = a general gardening/landscaping tool used to trim and prune rather thick branches) and cut weeds like the world depended on it.
Other jaberwacky (jaberwacky = see flapdoodle) and flapdoodle (flapdoodle = see jaberwacky); with produce looking as delicious as ours we have a good chance of doing well at the Bayfront Harvest Festival this weekend. I plan on attending and joining other local farmers in sell-ebrating our harvests. Good food, music, and people; should be fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment