Good news on the Tour de Farm. Linda and I spoke with the organizer of Tour de Farm and he was full of answers. Yes, they will pay for everything, (tent, tables, insurance, ect.) Yes they will bring volunteers (up to 12 from the cities, who will likely camp overnight sunday at the farm). Yes they will pay for the produce. Overall, I think there is absolutely no reason to stress. Just focus and farm beautification, which does include the immense weeding challenge we have ahead, yikes they were big today.
Other good news is that we had a delivery to the co-op and New Scenic Cafe toda
y. Carrots were on the list! They look great.
Galynn was wondering about how to harvest carrots today. I took a few pictures to help explain. Basically, you just use the "digging fork" to loosen the soil by the carrots and then pull the carrots by hand. I recommend taking the greens off right away (unless they are to be used for green top carrots of course). The reason for this is that the greens take away from the carrots nutrients. So the longer they stay on, the more they deteriorate the carrot.
No comments:
Post a Comment